Careers at the Firm
Looking for a Career not Just a Job?
If you're looking for more than just a job, you've found the right firm. You can tell from our website that we are anything but a traditional accounting firm who simply produce income tax returns and financial statements. Here at Suntax we strive to be the best in our field and look for accountants who want to do more than just keep the financial score. We recognise our business clients want more than just compliance, they want to grow their profits, their wealth and their business value. As such, we are always on the look out for staff that fit our core values - expertise, integrity, teamwork and commitment.
Why could Suntax be the accounting firm for you?
We care about our team and give them more than just a job - it's a career. Our white glove treatment extends beyond clients and we are very conscious of our employees work life balance. The practice has grown significantly with the assistance of a committed team who are dedicated to helping clients achieve their financial goals. We invest heavily in both technical training and technology and look for team members who have an eye for detail, a hunger for learning and a pro-active approach.
We offer individuals with a passion for accounting, tax and business development a real career opportunity. Partner Mark Lawry says, "Your career can start at any level and while we are committed to graduate recruitment, we also recruit at more senior levels to improve our breadth of knowledge and experience in the firm".
Our Commitment To You
We promise team members at our firm that:
- Your voice will be heard
- Your hard work and contributions will be valued
- Your work/life issues will be respected
- You will have direct partner contact
- You will experience a variety of assignments
- You will participate in quality continuing professional education
- You will have an opportunity for advancement and long term employment
- You will be involved in the community
- You will have the opportunity to achieve your professional and personal goals
- You will have flexibility in work arrangements
Why Join Our Team?
We offer team members a generous and flexible compensation package together with a wide variety of additional benefits. We are committed to the well-being of our staff and strive to attain a healthy work-life balance by offering:
- Flexible work hours. We understand you have families and a life outside of work. Being able to enjoy your lifestyle enhances your career.
- Discretionary performance bonuses
- Continuing professional education including seminars, in-house sessions and conferences
- On the job training with exposure to a broad range of industries and assignments
- Regular Team Meetings
- "Soft Skills" training, including meeting and public speaking techniques, marketing and business improvement skills, writing and communication skills, Microsoft software training
Continuing Professional Growth
- Our culture and environment offer a wide range of professional experiences. You will develop taxation and advisory experience within a wide range of industries. You will be able to work on projects with various clients and partners giving you the opportunity early in your career to develop relationships with clients. This broader experience translates into faster professional development
- We provide a continuous learning environment as well as extensive on the job training. You can receive up to 50 hours annual professional training
- Our team based environment provides all members with the opportunity to participate in the direction and future of the firm (and thus their own career path). Our open door policy provides access to partners and encourages everyone's thoughts and ideas. We encourage excellence and new ideas in all team members, regardless of how long they have been with us
What You Need to Bring to the Firm
Our ability to bring value to our clients ultimately rests on our people. Here are the qualities we look for:
- Leadership abilities
- Motivation to succeed
- Strong communication skills. Good written and verbal communication skills
- A service focus
- Team spirit
- Technical skills
If you think you have what it takes and would like to work in an upbeat, friendly office environment, contact us today. You are joining a firm committed to the professional and personal development of its people who will help you realise your career potential.