NEW RULE CHANGE: $10,000 Is Available To All Victorian JobKeeper Businesses With Employees
We are very pleased to report that the Victorian Government have extended the Government Stimulus Grant to support more Victorian Business.
Originally Businesses in sectors such as retail, tourism, hospitality, accommodation and the arts were the first to be eligible for $10,000 Business Support Fund grants. With more than $150 million paid out in grants to businesses across the state, the fund will now move to the second phase of support.
The criteria has now been expanded to include businesses who:
- Are enrolled in the JobKeeper program
- Employ staff
- Have sales/turnover more than $75,000
- Have payroll expenditure of less than $650,000 per year
Examples of what the grant could be used for are:
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries, rent
- Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- Other supporting activities related to the operation of the business
How do I apply?
1. Easy Way – complete this $10,000 Grant Form and Suntax will apply for the grant on your behalf. The cost to prepare this application is $495 including GST, which is fully refundable if your grant application is not successful.
2. Complete the application form yourself via Business
You will also need to log into the ATO Online Services For Business using your MyGovID and download your latest BAS with the ATO receipt
number and upload it with the Application.
Applicants may be subject to audit by the Victorian Government and may be required to produce evidence used in supporting the Application and evidence as to the allocation and use of the grant for a period of four years after the grant has been approved.
What if I applied previously and was rejected due to operating in the wrong sector?
If you applied for Business Support Fund payments but were initially not eligible based on their sector classification will be contacted by the Victorian Government and you DO NOT have to submit a new application.
When do applications open and close?
Applications are open right now and will close on Monday 1 June 2020.
We really think this is a great opportunity to help fund Victoria businesses through these tough times and kudos needs to be given to all Government departments for their support of small business. As always, your Suntax team are here to help you submit this application if required.
Your Suntax team