Circuit Breaker Business Support Packages
Following on from the recent Circuit Breaker Lockdown, the Victorian Government has released an additional $143 million package to support eligible businesses.
It is IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THESE NEW GRANTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A VERY SELECT GROUP OF INDUSTRIES.
These include Hospitality, Food Wholesaling, Tourism, Events & Related Services and Florists. For a more concise list, please click the List of Industry Codes to see if your business is eligible.
There are three new Government Grants available:
- Business Cost Assistance Program - A $2000 one off Grant for eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $3 million whether they have employees or not.
- Licenced Hospitality Venue Fund Payment - An automatic one off payment of $3000 for those who received the Licenced Hospitality Venue Fund Grant last year (please note, this makes you ineligible to receive the Business Cost Assistance Program).
- Victorian Accommodation Support Program - A two tiered funding program for accommodation providers.
The details of these grants are summarised below.
1. Business Cost Assistance Program - Action Required
This is a $2000 one off Grant for eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $3 million whether they have employees or not. If your business industry code is on this List of Industry Codes you are eligible to receive the $2000 Business Cost Assistance Program Grant.
Your business must have experienced direct costs due to the circuit breaker action announced on 12 February 2021. These costs incurred do not necessarily have to be up to the value of $2000 to receive the full $2000 Grant.
How do I apply?
1. Easy Way – Let Suntax apply for the Business Support Fund on your behalf by clicking the button below. The cost to
prepare this application is $220 including GST, which is fully refundable if your grant application is not successful.
2. Complete the application form yourself via Business Cost Assistance Program. Please note, that you will need to confirm that your industry code listed on the Australian Business Register matches the eligible industries for this grant. In order to confirm your industry code, you will need to link your MyGov ID to the Australian Business Register and check your businesses details.
2. Licenced Hospitality Venue Fund Payment
If you received a grant through the Licenced Hospitality Fund last year you will be automatically eligible for the additional $3000 grant.
You DO NOT NEED TO APPLY for this payment. You will be contacted by the Victorian Government with further
3. Victorian Accommodation Support Program
This is an expansion on the Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program from last year. It is being offered as a two tier program.
- Tier 1: Funding of $2250 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises experiencing 10 or fewer cancelled nights
- Tier 2: Funding of $4500 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises experiencing 11 or more cancelled nights
The Victorian Accommodation Support Program will open soon. You can register your interest in this program by clicking this link Victorian Accommodation Support Program
Almost every Victorian business was affected by these latest circuit breaker lockdowns but unfortunately the Government have only issued these funding options for the specific business Industries as listed above.
For those of you who will not be receiving any assistance in this round of Grants, we feel your frustration. If there is anything you think we can help you or your business with, please reach out. We are back in the office and while we still offer virtual meetings, we are now available for face to face meetings as well if you prefer.
The Suntax Team