We're Hiring - Experienced Tax Accountant Wanted
If you're an accountant looking for more than just a job, you've found the right firm.
Here at Suntax & Akambo Tax we strive to be the best in our field and look for accountants who want to do more than just keep the financial score. Our Purpose is “To create and share amazing life experiences” for both our clients and our team members.
We are currently seeking to appoint 2 Tax Accountants to join the team, one based in our Sunbury office and one in the CBD. With a strong client focus and excellent communication skills, you will ideally be CPA qualified and motivated to become part of a close knit team.
Our firm needs experienced tax accountants who are willing to take control of a client portfolio, working collaboratively with clients and our team on a daily basis to deliver complex accounting and taxation solutions.
We offer team members a generous and flexible compensation package together with a wide variety of additional benefits. We are committed to the well-being of our staff and strive to attain a healthy work-life balance.
If you think you have what it takes and would like to work in an upbeat, friendly office environment, please email you application.
All applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a current CV and a cover letter with reference to our selection criteria.
TAX ACCOUNTANT SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or relevant subjects with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education.
- Excellent attention to detail, to ensure accuracy in financial records and the ability to manage competing responsibilities and identify any errors to be addressed.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks, including ability to work under pressure with competing work demands and to tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal style including demonstrated sense of discretion, judgment and sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Firm’s structure, policy and procedures.
- Strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Well versed and proficient in tax preparation of Individuals and all entity tax returns.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently under broad supervision, as well as ability to work well in a team to achieve results
- Flexibility to manage a wide variety of tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assume ‘first point of contact’ role for all client contact
- Xero certified
- Highly computer literate
- Comprehensive level of knowledge in Income tax law (including GST, Div 7A, PSI and non-commercial loss provisions), Trust law, Company tax, Capital Gains Tax (including SBE CGT provisions) and Family tax benefits and be able to translate this knowledge and apply it to client issues across various entities
- CPA (or equivalent) professional qualification
- Experience with working with Cloud based accounting and administrational programs
2. Special Requirements
- All work places are non-smoking environments.
- A full unrestricted work permit/visa for Australia
- Current Victorian driver’s license and ability to attend client workplaces on an adhoc basis