Xero and the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program
The arrival of COVID-19 has transformed the lives of small business owners across the country. In Victoria, under shifting waves of lockdown restrictions, many have seen sales plummet and their doors temporarily close.
As the state moves into new phases of recovery, the key to not only your business’ survival, but its continued growth, lies in boosting your digital capabilities.
By automating processes such as your accounting package, online payments, and the many other options available to you, you will also be able
to achieve live access to your accountant, with a direct line into your business enabling them to provide advice and support as needed.
The great news is, Xero has partnered with the Victorian Government to create the Small Business Digital Adaptation Program. Compromising of a $20m investment, this program is designed to increase Victorian small business’ digital capability by encouraging them to trial new software.
The program is open to Victorian businesses from all industry sectors and covers not only Xero subscriptions but any of their add on
software programs as well.
On the condition that you haven’t used the participating software before, you will be entitled to a reimbursement of $1,200 after purchasing a software subscription.
If you are new to Xero’s online accounting software the $1,200 rebate can go towards the subscription of any of their Starter, Standard or Premium plans.
Already using Xero? You can receive the $1,200 rebate when you sign up to any of the other participating providers.To qualify for the program, you must:
- Operate your business in Victoria as a sole trader, micro business or small business
- Have held a valid ABN since 13 September 2019
- Be registered for GST since 13 September 2020
- Report sales of at least $75,000 in your annual tax return
- Be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator
- Be a new customer to the product
1. Register for the Small Business Digital Adaptation Program on the program website here.
2. Once registered click on the Xero logo, which will take you to Xero’s dedicated Small
3. Business Digital Adaptation Program landing page.
4. Click the ‘Sign up’ button and fill out your business’ details to start a free 30 day trial.
5. When you’re ready or your trial expires, select the Xero plan that best meets your needs and enter your payment details.
6. You will be contacted one month after signing up through the program to ensure that your business has begun using the software.
7. Once you’ve confirmed continued use, you will receive a purchase rebate of $1,200 to cover 12 months access to your chosen product (The Victorian Government will pay within ten working days of receiving confirmation).
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give our office a call on 03 87467700.
Your Suntax Team