Do I Have To Include GST On My Invoices?
You only need to register for GST with the Australian TaxationOffice (ATO) if your annual turnover/revenue exceeds $75,000 per annum (or $150,000 per annum for non-profit organisations).
Once you are registered for GST, by law you must add 10% GST to all of your tax invoices that you issue to customers.
OTHER QUESTIONS IN THIS SERIES:
- What Steps are Involved in Starting a Business?
- Do I Have to Register for GST?
- What Tax Records Do I Need to Keep for My Business
- What Is a Business Activity Statement?
- What’s the difference between an ABN and an ACN?
- Do I have to include GST on my Invoices?
- What Software do You Recommend for My Start-Up Business?
- How Much Tax Do I Pay?
- Can I claim my motor vehicle expenses?
- What Do I Need to Do When I Employ My First employee?
- What’s the most appropriate tax structure for my business?
- Are You Small Business Experts?
- How Much Do You Charge?
- How Do I Change Accountants?